March 15, 2012

Life portraits - Ric Keyworth



Ric Keyworth - from Peterborough 


This is a portrait of Ric Keyworth that i took earlier on today with fellow photographer, friend and rival Ruth Jones. We met this intriguing gentleman on the streets of Peterborough today whilst in search of the sitters for our portrait session we were completing today. We got to know Ric more in depth and started to really enjoy his company and getting to know all about him, it's been key to creating some beautiful portraits of him.


Lesson leant
He said himself that looking into somebody's eye can be like looking into a completely different person to the person you see before yourself; and that's a great lesson I've began learning about people from practising in my photography. We all judge people by their appearance and with no expection I of course can admit I do generally perceive people to be a certain way based on the way they look before getting to know the real person like most of our generation do. Ric was one of the most kind hearted men I've photographed and spoken to, he seemed genuinely interested and invested in the portraits we were creating.

There are many more to come from this series so I shall have to keep you all up to date with how things are going. I am going to possibly try to get some more work published at some point in the near future which will be rather exciting; you all best buy whatever if I ever do though! frame it and hang it in your lavatory: I'd be chuffed to bits with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment